Sr. Laser Device Process Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Sep 9, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200190968
Why Apple? We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a team that sets the standard in encouraging excellence, creativity and innovation. Will you help us design the next generation of revolutionary Apple products? The Camera Hardware Engineering group is responsible for all research, design, development, test, and qualification of camera hardware for Apple products. As a key member of the Camera Sensing Devices team, you will be responsible for working with suppliers to bring up new sensing devices with good performance and yields. You will work with engineering and operations on sensor bring up and qualification, as well as work with suppliers on process development to enable next generation sensing technologies.
- Strong fab process and process integration experience for III-V optoelectronics devices such as edge-emitting lasers or VCSEL.
- Deep knowledge of III-V laser devices including process, device physics, reliability and characterization. Deep knowledge about the correlation between process and edge emitting laser reliability is a plus.
- Extensive high-volume experience on semiconductor lasers.
- Demonstrated success with several products transferred from engineering development phase to high volume production
- Excellent data analysis and problem solving skills
- Ability to collaborate with others in a very multi-functional team environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and strong team spirit.
- Deep knowledge of industry standards
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES As a Sr. Laser Device Process Engineer, you will: Drive and work closely with laser component vendors to design robust process flow and develop the key process steps for next-generation laser products Drive and work closely with laser component vendors to improve the device performance and yield related to laser process during engineering development phase Lead the efforts to solve reliability and performance issues related to laser components observed on module/system level during engineering development phase by working closely with internal and external teams Review the laser device yield and performance data provided by vendors and provide approvals for engineering sample shipments Provide regular update to internal x-functional team about performance, yield and MP readiness of process for each engineering build Drive laser vendors to develop key process technologies that are beneficial to Apple internal laser device technology roadmap Exploring and developing new laser device technologies in Apple technology roadmap
Education & Experience
MSc/PhD in physics, electrical engineering, or a similar field
Back to top