Sr. Inertial Sensor Engineer - SPG
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Oct 12, 2020
Role Number: 200198886
One of Apple's R&D groups is currently seeking a senior inertial sensor engineer. The inertial sensor engineer will interface with external vendors and internal customers to develop custom sensing solutions. This individual will drive architecture, costing strategies and test, characterize & validate plans for all aspects of IMUs (inertial measurement units) and INS (inertial navigation systems). Intimate knowledge of sensing performance, design, manufacturing and platform integration are all critical to this role. Responsible for setting a development and ultimately a long term product level inertial sensor solution. This position will require the individual to understand industry best practices, but have the ability to think creatively beyond current designs and market offerings. Does working on autonomous technology excite you? Innovation is in your hands! We are ready to help you help us grow.
- Skilled in the of development, theory, design, modeling, fabrication, control electronics, and/or packaging, of MEMS IMUs with hands-on experience.
- Prior experience testing, characterizing, and calibrating inertial measurement units and sensors (Gyroscopes, Accelerometers).
- Prior experience characterizing sensor vibration rejection and noise performance.
- Familiarity with both inexpensive MEMS as well as higher quality tactical or navigation grade sensors.
- Strong analytical skills in the areas of inertial sensor physics, statistical analysis, data fitting, and mathematical/physics based modeling.
- Identify platform defining Use Cases that bound key inertial sensor architectures. - Create, manage and trace testable, realistic and well defined specs/requirements - Perform simulation and analysis to support use cases and requirements/specs - Maintain a strong relationship with internal customers, hardware teams, and external vendors - Develop test/validation plans and manage execution of vendors/HW testing teams Apple's most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We're proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount - both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company's success. You'll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products. Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace
Education & Experience
B.S. in Engineering + minimum of 10 years of industry experience M.S. in Engineering + minimum of 5 years of industry experience
- NICE TO HAVES:
- - Experience transitioning test capabilities from prototypes into full rate production.
- - Familiarity and experience testing integrated GPS/INS products.
- - Platform or system level integration and validation experience
- - Familiarity with modeling and simulations of MEMS sensors using finite element analysis (FEA)
Back to top