Posted: Jul 7, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200062957
The Apple engineering team is looking for an excellent FW/EE engineer to architect and develop embedded firmware for future display electronics. You will work in a collaborative, exciting environment to develop and integrate new display technologies into Apple's products. The ideal candidate will not only be able to do FW design, but also have technical breadth as well to do some CPLD/FPGA design, and/or PCB design. This is a full-time position in Santa Clara Valley. Join us in crafting solutions the world doesn't know of yet. To be successful, you should be able to thrive in a dynamic, agile, multi-disciplinary, and hands-on environment that values engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation.
- Demonstrated ability to architect and develop embedded FW and/or low-level SW drivers in C/C++.
- Experience developing for Microblaze and/or ARM-based microcontrollers.
- Ability to translate high-level algorithms in Python/Perl/Matlab into efficient/scalable C/C++ code.
- Strong electrical and software debugging skills. (ICE, JTAG experience)
- Skilled in debugging complex SW/HW problems.
- Lab skills for bring-up, debugging, and characterization.
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration skills (HW, FW, SW).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience hiring, leading, and developing a strong team.
- Lead all phases of the embedded FW architecture, design, and implementation, including micro-controller selection, pinout definition, FW/SW architecture, and C/C++ coding. - Collaborate with IC vendors, ASIC and FPGA teams to develop APIs and drivers. - Work in a team environment and negotiate solutions with HW, SW, and Systems Engineering. - Establish requirements, features, and use cases. - Participate in code reviews, FPGA and HW design reviews, and help improve existing designs. - Design for testability. - Perform SW testing, end-to-end integration, and regression testing.
Education & Experience
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science. - 7 years of embedded FW experience writing with C/C++. - 3 years of FPGA or EE experience
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- - Experience doing FPGA design (architecture, RTL, floor planning, timing closure).
- - Experience with PCB design (component selection, schematics, layout)
- - ASIC design experience.
- - Experience developing GUI's and high-level software.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.