Sr. Engineering Project Manager - Developer Tools
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: May 19, 2020
Role Number: 200021056
Engineering Project Managers in the Developer Tools team are core to the department, working with product engineering to ensure that projects and features are delivered on-schedule and to Apple's high standards. You will work with our Xcode, Swift, and LLVM teams and across Apple's software and hardware engineering organizations to deliver first-class tools used to develop and debug iOS, watchOS, tvOS, and macOS apps. As a tools project manager, you will collaborate with a diverse group of engineers and managers to oversee schedules, integration efforts, and qualification of tools supporting the latest and greatest CPUs, GPUs, and programming language features. You have a deep appreciation for how a compiler works under the hood and how related tools (such as a debugger and linker) fit into the development process. Your ability to plan for large-scale projects is key along with the ability to think on your feet to solve issues all while being the central point of contact to communicate status.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to devise and organize plans
- Concise verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate excellent judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Experience developing iOS, macOS, watchOS, or tvOS apps
- Familiarity with compiler technologies, integrated development environments, and other developer-focused tools
- Comfort with the UNIX shell and ability to automate tasks using a scripting language such as Python, AppleScript, or Perl
- You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude
- You bring passion and dedication to your job and are committed to our vision and supporting the developer community
As a tools project manager, your responsibilities include: • Coordinating within our team and with our partners to release high-quality tools on time. • Understanding and driving tools support for hardware bring-up, from bootstrapping to seeds to customer ship. • Tracking and prioritizing tasks across multiple product releases and efforts simultaneously. • Communicating effectively at all levels, from informal drop-ins to formal announcements, often being the face of developer tools inside Apple.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- • Understanding of hardware development cycles
- • Contributing to or participating in discussion about open-source compiler technologies such as Swift, the Swift Package Manager, and LLVM
Back to top