Sr. Data Scientist - Batteries
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Oct 24, 2019
Role Number: 200116838
Do you have a passion for invention and self-challenge? Do you thrive on pushing the limits of what's considered feasible? As part of our Battery Engineering group, you'll help craft creative battery solutions that deliver more energy in smaller spaces than ever before! You'll work across disciplines to transform improved hardware elements into a single, integrated design. Join us, and you'll help us innovate new battery technologies that continually outperform the previous iterations. By collaborating with other product development groups across Apple, you'll push the industry boundaries of what batteries can do and improve the product experience for our customers across the world. This position works for Battery/Cell Development team within HW Engineering to identify trends, mine data, and help battery team improve performance.
- 5-10 years as data scientist or database engineer with 1-3 years in a supervisory or management role.
- Battery Engineering expertise desired.
- Strong knowledge of Minitab, JMP, SQL, or Tableau
- Proven proficiency in statistics, Industry experience of analytics algorithms including decision trees, probability networks, association rules, clustering, regression, and neural networks.
- Provide insight to problem solving by using engineering skills and all available data.
- Issues involve out of box quality, warranty and post warranty failures as well as stitch related DB's up to 40 TB of data.
- Self-starter with entrepreneurial experience and ability to get along with other functions in matrix environment
- Proven creativity to go beyond current tools to deliver the best solution to the problem
- Familiarity with database modeling and data warehousing principles with a familiarity of SQL
- Strong programming skills in Python, or similar language.
- Working knowledge of quality philosophy of prevention
•Be able to analyze factory, user, failure data and use engineering understanding mechanisms to resolve battery problems. •Quick study to understand end to end nature of Apple DB to organize proper sample size, proper key pull and minimize SQA issues with maximum efficiency; •Design, implement, process and workflow and interpret data; •Utilize advanced technologies, for modeling enhancements •Work with diverse teams including data scientists, engineers, product managers, and executives •Deliver high quality analytics insights from a very large scale data warehouse •Set up quality reporting system for sharing information •Provide ad-hoc reporting as necessary (sometimes urgent escalation) •Work in small team of 5 and support numerous battery customers.
Education & Experience
MS or Ph.D. in Battery Engineering, Data Mining, Machine Learning, Statistics, Operations Research or related field
- Travel < 25%
Back to top