Sr. CAD Engineer - Analog Model Verification Engineer
- San Diego, CA
Posted: Nov 5, 2020
Role Number: 200138593
As a senior member of our CAD team, you will architect, develop, maintain and enhance analog modeling, simulation, and verification methodology and solutions for our analog and mixed-signal designs. The role requires the candidate to work with different technology nodes and provide flows/methodologies for the different tool sets. Working in a small CAD team, you will be interfacing with the analog, mixed-signal, digital, and RF circuit design teams within Apple as well as 3rd party EDA tool vendors to drive and coordinate effort of developing and validating simulation flows, enhancing custom design environment, validating checks and doing results analysis. Supporting and developing tools and GUIs will be critical. You will be responsible for enhancing the productivity of our teams and capabilities for our analog/mixed-signal modeling.
- Typically requires 5+ years of industry experience in digital/mixed-signal modeling.
- Analog/RFIC design background, and CAD automation support and development will be helpful.
- Proficiency with digital and mixed signal simulators: Incisive/Xcelium, VCS, AMS Designer, CustomSim-VCS, etc.
- Strong ability to solve simulation accuracy, speed and capacity issues.
- Experience in evaluating simulation and environment related CAD tool/product applications, and driving EDA vendors to meet design requirements.
- Proficiency in SystemVerilog (2012), real number modeling, UDT/UDN, wreal, and Verilog-AMS.
- Knowledge of the operating principles of common analog, RF and AMS blocks in CMOS technologies. Strong understanding of the implementation of high-level, mixed signal, and behavioral models for such circuits.
- Very efficient programming skills and good software development fundamentals in Python, Perl, and SKILL.
- Knowledge of the Cadence Virtuoso Design Framework, Virtuoso Schematic Editor, and Analog Design Environment (ADE-L/XL/GXL/Explorer/Assembler), including flow automation and custom netlisting with SKILL.
- Ability to provide automations for rapid and dynamic design needs.
- Knowledge in Perforce and/or regressions is a plus.
On our team, you will: • Develop, deploy, and support robust, configurable, and scalable tools to enable hardware verification across multiple projects • Identify, gather, and analyze metrics for improved automation reliability and hardware verification performance • Help to debug vendor tool issues • Interact with the DV team to help solve their problems
Education & Experience
MS / PhD preferred in a technical discipline.
Back to top