Sr. Art Director, Social, Retail Marketing
Posted: Dec 13, 2019
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200111449
The Retail Marketing Team is looking for a Senior Art Director to serve as the curatorial and design director for Today at Apple content platforms. Today at Apple is one of the ways we're evolving our retail experience to inspire and educate our customers. We're creating space in our stores where everyone is welcome to connect and take sessions that unlock the creative potential of our products. Today at Apple sessions serve the passions of coding, photo, video, art & design, music and health & fitness, and are available globally in every Apple Store. In select cities around the globe, we bring in creative talent from the local community to teach sessions. This role will help drive awareness and engagement with the brand in the digital realm. As our Senior Art Director, you bring your deep background in design and art direction for editorial and to work collaboratively with our creative and production teams. You will help build a social channel that is focused on reflecting and championing the global creative community Today at Apple serves. You will partner closely with our Social Media Manager to design and produce work in a variety of creative formats.
- You have 6-10 yrs of experience in developing and executing a design strategy and have an advanced understanding of what makes content engaging and successful across platforms and audiences.
- Fluency across graphic design, typography, photography and illustration.
- You know how the design process works and can execute from ideation to production
- You are well-versed in social media platforms and up to date on emerging platforms and technologies.
- A deep passion for creativity and creative pursuits in photo, video, art/design, coding and music necessary
- You have the ability to rapidly prototype visual design work in situation.
- Possesses strong photographic sensibility; sourcing, editing, or retouching.
- Keen ability to create work under minimal supervision, as well as package and present solutions to the wider team, quickly and beautifully.
- A proven track record of editorial storytelling across various mediums, and a commitment to accuracy, originality and quality.
- Working knowledge of video production and motion graphics desired
- You thrive in a collaborative, creative environment and agile at building relationships cross functionally
- A deep passion for culture and global creative communities
- Clearly demonstrate a mastery of the Adobe Creative and iWork suites.
- Occasional travel
Launching an Instagram handle focused on the creative community that blends both higher profile creative talent and user-generated work Employing a curatorial and design-minded eye in building a feed and stories that reflects and champions the creative community Working with the social media manager in producing unique storytelling experiences and posts across Grid, Stories and IGTV using existing assets, UGC and some commissioned work Delivering exceptional creative that demonstrates command of visual and communication design principles Building and maintaining a global network of socially native creators with whom we can partner and commission Working with Today at Apple creative, production and video teams to ideate and launch new creative formats Working with global heads of programming to identify and plan content opportunities around talent
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree preferred
- Demonstrates proficiency in delivering strategic creative ideas across digital and social
- Displays exceptional graphic design skills
- Informs with clear and concise communication and organization skills
- Reflects strength in translating high level briefs into original visual styles and directions
Back to top