Sr. Analyst - Wallet and Payments - New Product Strategy
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Nov 18, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200176060
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we craft products and experiences people once couldn't have imagined - and now can't imagine living without. If you're excited by the idea of making a real impact, and joining a team where we pride ourselves in being one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world, a career with Apple might be your dream job. We are looking for a dynamic Sr Analyst to help the Apple Wallet and Payments (W&P) team continue to deliver amazing commerce and payment experiences for Apple customers around the world. Apple is one of the world's largest commerce platforms and payment merchants, and Apple Pay is a leading digital wallet for iOS customers in over 50 markets and growing rapidly. As Senior Analyst, you will play a central role in tying together the planning and strategy of W&P during our product roadmap planning cycles. Key responsibilities will include analysis, comparative evaluation, strategy development, and coordination of existing and new initiatives. You will be working cross-functionally within the W&P team to build the infrastructure for senior leadership to make thoughtful and data-driven decisions on priority ranking, headcount, and prioritization of initiatives. In addition, you will help lead product strategy for Access services (e.g., universities, cars, other verticals). This will entail data and market analysis to assist in developing new these product areas, market entry strategies, and cross-Apple programs. This will include evaluating new, long-term opportunities for Apple, current business performance, platform capabilities and other opportunities to ensure Apple maintains leading payment and commerce services. In addition, in this role you will be engaged in business plan development, as well as market analysis for multiple markets within W&P's areas of interest. This role will require you to work with leaders across W&P and Apple more broadly.
- Minimum experience of 4 years in digital payments, e-commerce, mobile commerce, or related fields, including experience in management consulting, investment banking and/or similar strategy functions in a global organization.
- Experience in Access-related areas (e.g., corporate, hospitality) or with contactless technology.
- Experience leading or supporting Project Management Organizations (PMOs) to coordinate and lead cross-functional processes and programs.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally, with senior executives, including via formal presentations
- Experience in payments, commerce, and access technologies.
- It's a plus if you have experience in international markets for payments, commerce and access.
- Outstanding analytical and financial modeling skills; ability to structure, direct, and effectively communicate sophisticated data analysis.
- Ability to coordinate and proven potential to lead cross-functional teams.
Supporting operational planning, prioritization, and resource allocation across the Apple W&P organization related to our new product roadmap. Evaluating and prioritizing new growth opportunities for Apple W&P around the world through research, analysis, and financial modeling, including Access verticals. Crafting business plans and models for new areas of opportunity. Engaging key partners - networks, issuers, processors, merchants - on major strategic efforts for Apple W&P. Driving competitive market intelligence and industry trends relevant for W&P. Working in close collaboration with the business leads and engage with potential strategic partners to evaluate new opportunities. Seeing opportunities, competitive and industry trends, and potential improvements for our payments and commerce platform.
Education & Experience
Bachelor Degree from a top-tier institution; MBA or equivalent graduate degree highly desirable.
Back to top