Spatial Audio Experience Prototyping Engineer
Posted: Nov 15, 2019
Role Number: 200080057
We're a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining what's possible to help us all do what we love in new ways. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch, as well as with services, including iTunes, the App Store, Apple Music, and Apple Pay. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices - strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. We are looking for Spatial Audio Experience Prototyping Engineer to design and develop next generation audio experiences in collaboration with Apple Retail. You will work closely with audio and design teams from across the company to guide the future of Apple's retail experience and push the boundaries of what's possible with our emerging audio technologies.
- Strong understanding of audio/acoustics
- Sound design for movies, TV, video games, or art installations
- Self-sufficient coder in a language such as C#, Swift, or C++
- Knowledge of advanced audio production tools and workflows
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Swift / Objective-C
- ARKit, RealityKit, SceneKit
- Unity, Unreal, WWISE/Food
- Max/MSP, Faust, PureData, Supercollider
- Audio DSP for telephony or music applications
- Running DAW software such as Logic, ProTools, REAPER, etc.
- Scripting languages such as Python and MATLAB
Apple's advanced spatial audio technology is a cornerstone of our augmented reality frameworks; it is at the core of any compelling user experience. You will have the opportunity to build software that directly impacts how customers use our products and help define the future of Apple's retail experience. You will join a face-paced audio experience and software prototyping group that is charged with researching, designing, and developing next-generation audio technology and demonstrating the results to executives and decision makers within Apple.
Education & Experience
BA, MS or PhD - Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Music Technology, or other similar technical fields.
Back to top