- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Oct 21, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200176846
At Apple, we are looking for a passionate NoSQL Engineer to help own the large scale data store environments - This team is responsible for providing new architectures and scalability solutions to ever growing business and data processing needs. Individual can go to the depths to solve complex problems and have the curiosity to explore and learn new technologies for innovative solutions. If you love to tackle internet scale challenges then this is the right job for you.
- Strong hands-on experience in SOLR/Elastic
- Expertise in SOLR/Elastic Collection Sharding/replication, failover, fault tolerance, high availability.
- Expertise in configuring SOLR/Elastic schema and understanding in advanced schema fields.
- Understanding of internals of SOLR physical and logical layout
- Expertise in tuning the of search results.
- Expertise in Java JVM tuning and Debugging
- Hands on Automation using Python or Java
- Deep understanding of HTTP and REST APIs.
- Expertise in fine tuning SOLR caches and cache warming and segment merging.
- Exposure to the internal implementations of SOLR/Elastic/Lucene
- Understanding of Information Retrieval techniques.
- Good understanding of agile development and continuous integration
- Design and develop search engine monitoring tools
- Ability to write automated unit test cases for solr search engine.
- Studying, researching and resolving difficult issues involving Solr, Elastic and related technologies
- Good in depth understanding of the Linux in term of debugging tools and performance tuning
This position requires a hardworking individual who likes large scale challenges and innovate on complex tasks. Who has the ability to think out of the box creatively to come up with different technology solutions or architectures to meet business requirement. Please have your resume highlighting the value add done by you in terms of performance, efficiency, business challenges solved, money saved etc. This role requires ability to work independently on live production performance issues working with different teams. We're looking for a hardworking and passionate person to join this amazing team, if you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or Equivalent
Back to top