Software Update Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Oct 9, 2019
Role Number: 200110614
Do you like working in a fast-paced environment with prototype hardware and software? Apple is looking for a senior software engineer to help build software tools, applications, and firmware to support an internal research project. In this role you will join a world class engineering team to help build tools to support software update of a heterogenous system.
- 5+ years overall experience.
- Great SW fundamentals and experience writing software in C/C++ and Python languages.
- Shell scripting experience a plus (example: Bash)
- Experience with microprocessor based systems like x86 and ARM.
- Proven analytical, debugging, and problem solving skills.
- TCP and/or UDP Socket programming experience.
- Ability to work in cross-functional role interacting with SW and HW teams.
- Experience developing software update tools is a plus
- Familiarity with using REST APIs
We support an internal research team dedicated to autonomous technology and are looking for new team members to help design and build SW update infrastructure to support a wide range of development platforms. These platforms consist of off the shelf and internally developed HW. While contributing to this effort, you will learn about how to update the software of a system comprised of a diverse set of HW components. This is a great time to join the effort as you will have an opportunity to influence the design as it progresses while supporting the internal research projects. Armed with knowledge about the power and network topology of the systems in addition to the system and sub-system state machines you will help deliver solutions that enable us to manage SW deployments for these complex systems.
Education & Experience
BS or MS and relevant experience
Back to top