Software Screener/Integration Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Jan 14, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200047672
Do you want to help deliver the next amazing Apple product? As a Software Screener/Integration Engineer on the Apple Watch team, you'll bring your keen observational and analytical skills, empathy for users, and passion for quality to an engineering team working to make the next version of watchOS insanely great.
- Strong analytical skills
- Familiarity with consumer-facing software development processes
- Expertise with bug tracking systems
- Experience debugging software issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Dedicated, self-motivated, detail-oriented, and well-organized
As a screener/integration engineer on the Apple Watch team, you will triage incoming bugs, analyze logs, and determine priority of issues. You will be expected to spot emerging issues from bug reports filed by Apple employees and external developers, follow up with bug filers to collect additional information that can help the team debug, test features and fixes, and manage code submissions to multiple build trains. You will gain encyclopedic knowledge of an area of watchOS and apply that knowledge to engineering design discussions and feature planning. You will drive our day-to-day process around bug and source code management in service of delivering high quality features and improvements to our developers and users. We are looking for an enthusiastic, curious, and technically savvy teammate who can juggle a variety of tasks efficiently. Are you excited about being a member of the Apple Watch engineering team, working side by side with engineers to help improve watchOS system apps and frameworks? We want your energy and unique perspective on our team!
Education & Experience
Coursework in Computer Science/Engineering is desirable, but a specific degree or concentration is not required.
- * Experience with source control (git experience preferred)
- * Experience with automated build, continuous integration, or test automation systems
- * Experience with command line tools
- * Familiarity with macOS, iOS, and watchOS
- * Familiarity with iOS development tools (Xcode, Instruments)
- * Knowledge of Objective-C and/or Swift
Back to top