Software Quality Engineer
- Austin, TX
Posted: Dec 15, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200148741
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. Do you want to impact billions of users by developing an extraordinary product with a prime focus on accuracy, understandability and performance of the product? Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Retail Store Apps team in Austin is looking for a hardworking and talented Software Quality Engineer to test products and applications on macOS, iOS, and Web. You will be responsible for testing and ensuring the quality of major applications for our retail stores worldwide. The successful candidate will enjoy working in a meaningful fast-paced environment and will use the newest technology to automate solutions and deliver outcomes across all of Apple's innovative products, including Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod, Apple TV, Apple Watch, and AirPods/Beats line of products. We are looking for someone with established QA experience both in manual testing and automation, preferably with Apple Retail store experience.
- Experience in Quality Engineering, with focus in e-commerce/web applications
- Specialist in crafting test plans and test cases with thorough knowledge in API testing
- Quality communication skills in listening, open-mindedness, cohesion, and clarity
- Experience and understanding of assistive technologies such as VoiceOver
- Experience managing and integrating test automation into various points in a deployment pipeline
- Experience with Continuous Integration systems (e.g. Jenkins)
- Strong Operational Experience in Linux/Unix environment and scripting languages like Shell, Perl, Python
- Experience with Software Version Control systems like GIT (GitHub/Gitlab knowledge is a plus)
- Experience in various roles in Apple Retail to help understand our key domain
- Unwillingness to settle for a solution that is merely "good enough"
Create test plan, develop manual/automated cross-functional tests, report bugs, and assess overall product quality of Online Store frameworks across Apple's existing and new products Work with Agile team ensuring high quality delivery for each sprint and confirming to user story acceptance criteria Provide leadership in testing, troubleshooting, and implementing features through automation Work closely with engineers, project managers, and x-functional teams throughout software lifecycle in successfully delivering quality across projects Communicate detailed QA status to the team and report any escalations in a timely manner Ability to analyze crash logs, backtraces, and assist engineers by utilizing debugging techniques We're looking for a hardworking and passionate person to join this amazing team, if you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
Back to top