Software Quality Architect
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Jan 28, 2020
Role Number: 200145398
Apple's Special Projects Group is seeking a Software Quality Architect to work as part of our software engineering team to define the testing vision for an embedded media processing system. Collaborate cross-functionally with teams in the Special Project Group to architect and implement a highly scalable, reliable, and maintainable test automation solution. As the media processing system architecture evolves, test infrastructure must adapt. We are looking for a self-motivated and dynamic individual with strong technical and interpersonal skills who can contribute in a team environment. Are you up for the challenge?
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years as a Test Architect or Software Development Engineer
- Requires attention to detail, ability to meet multiple deadlines and adapt to changing priorities
- Have delivered successful automation and test strategies from beginning to end for complex embedded systems
- Experience creating test automation frameworks from ground up in Python 3 and running them at scale
- Possess a solid understanding of CI/CD and SDLC/TDLC concepts: code review best practices, code coverage analysis, continuous test, and delivery
- Skilled in shell and Groovy scripting
- Skilled with git and branching processes
- Solid understanding of Jenkins infrastructure
- Preferred: Experience in data science including data parsing, user data management, statistical data analysis, and data/result visualization
- Preferred: Experience creating dashboards (Splunk or Tableau) to capture regressions, anomalies and automation metrics.
You will be responsible for developing test automation infrastructure to deliver broad, repeatable integration system testing on an embedded system. Coordinating with cross-functional test engineering teams to ensure adequate test coverage of complex features. Identifying and vocalizing risks areas during product and technology development. You will design, engineer, maintain, and execute physical system testing solutions as the owner of one or more technology areas. Equally important is a strong aptitude for learning new technologies with a good instinct for discovering defects in software and hardware. And it goes without saying that you are a focused, responsible individual who enjoys working on a team and thrives under pressure.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
Back to top