Software QA Engineer, Video Apps
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Jun 24, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200141434
Imagine what you could do here. The people here at Apple don't just build products - we craft the kind of wonder that's revolutionised entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The Video Applications team is looking for a senior software QA engineer to contribute to the production of innovative tools for video makers and visual storytellers. This position requires a highly proactive individual with strong creative, analytic, and technical skills, a passion for emerging technologies, and a desire to learn.
- Analytical, methodical AND creative problem solver committed to driving quality forward
- Solid understanding of software development lifecycle, testing methodologies, QA terminology and processes
- Proven bug detection, bug writing, isolation and regression skills
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills (oral, written, and interpersonal)
- Comfortable and adaptable in a fast-paced, dynamic, and collaborative environment
- Inquisitive and persistent problem solver
- Familiarity with MacOS is essential, iOS a plus
- Experience with video/film post-production workflows strongly preferred
- 3D, 3D compositing, motion graphics, visual effects workflow experience is highly desirable
- Knowledge of the following software packages preferred: Final Cut Pro X, Motion, Resolve, After Effects, Premiere Pro, Media Composer
We are looking for a motivated, creative, enthusiastic individual, able to excel in a fast-paced and technically challenging environment. In this role, you will be responsible for planning, designing, maintaining, and executing test cases. Black box testing, potentially with additional scripts and automation tools, is a necessity. Your ability to concisely report bugs with impeccable isolation and regression techniques will be the key to your success. This role requires to balance a wide variety of deliverables that will rely on your talent for managing priorities and communicating progress/risk effectively and systematically. Your ongoing curiosity and dedication to self-education in video technologies as well as new testing techniques is what will set you apart. You will work closely with other team members to help coordinate cross-functional test efforts. You will be in continual dialogue with Engineering and Design as products evolve. You will have deep empathy for users and advocate on their behalf.
Education & Experience
- - 5+ years of experience in product QA environments.
- - Additional training in either scripting or video preferred.
Back to top