Software QA Engineer
Posted: Dec 11, 2018
Role Number: 200020611
We are looking for an experienced tester to join our rapidly growing quality assurance group. Are you looking for a challenge ? In this role you will be responsible for defining test approaches and test plans for assigned functional test areas, expanding our current test cases and executing required tests. We offer the ability to own complete functional areas. The Music Apps team is looking for an experienced QA engineer to work as part of our expanding quality assurance group.
- Experience testing applications and services on tvOS, macOS and Windows systems.
- Experience testing mobile applications and services on iOS, and Android.
- Experience testing cloud based client/server technologies.
- Music and/or audio applications and services experience is preferred.
- Possess a deep understanding of SQA methodologies and practices.
- Experience with automation and scripting tools and techniques.
- Experience reporting and tracking bugs, solving complex problems & triaging issues.
- Extensive use of QA tools and networking tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable and adaptable in a fast-paced and informal environment.
- Must be self-motivated, flexible, and have strong problem solving skills
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules
- Ability to work cross-functionally with other teams to organize testing responsibilities.
You will be joining a team dedicated to delivering the best in class music experience for our customers across multiple platforms. Your main focus will be ensuring the quality of our music applications and services as well as interoperability with the entire Apple Music ecosystem. You will be responsible for defining test approaches and plans for assigned functional areas, expanding our current test cases and executing required tests. You will own complete functional areas and must be able to define qualification strategies, as well as execute functionality, compatibility, integration and reliability testing for applications and services that are part of a complex mobile, mini-console, desktop and cloud client/server ecosystem. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, dynamic and detail oriented individual with a strong technical background and excellent black box testing skills. In addition, this position requires an individual with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Meet Some of Apple's Employees
Every Apple Store is designed to engage its local community, and no one understands this more than Consuela. She motivates her team to engage with customers in new and exciting ways.
Back to top