Software Products Counsel - Search
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Oct 15, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200195431
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you'll be challenged to creatively apply your legal expertise to cutting-edge and often unexplored aspects of the law. We have a great opportunity for a technology attorney to join our Software Products Legal group. This is a chance to be part of a hands-on team, dedicated to supporting Apple's operating systems and software products. This role will provide direct support for software engineering teams building Apple's Search and Siri products.
- 5+ years of legal experience advising on software and technology related issues, providing practical legal advice, negotiating and drafting technology transactions. Experience with search technologies a plus.
- Excellent communicator who is able to articulate complex and nuanced legal issues clearly and concisely to frontline business and engineering teams and senior executives alike
- Creative problem-solver who can drive transactions and analyze and help resolve complex issues in innovative and practical ways
- Strong contract drafting skills, adept at putting together agreements for a wide variety of technology transactions
- Best suited for a high energy self-starter who loves technology and thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- In-house experience preferred
Do you enjoy transactional work and helping others find solutions to big challenges? Does new technology, and the legal issues it can present, excite you? Do you like building strong client relationships and working on teams? In this role you will be responsible for supporting and advising Apple's engineering, product marketing and operations teams on a wide variety of matters related to Apple products, including feature/technology research and development, licensing, intellectual property, and regulatory proposals and compliance. You will be structuring, drafting and negotiating license, development and other technology agreements, as well as counseling clients on day-to-day legal matters including data privacy aspects. You will also work as a member of the broader legal team supporting Apple's products and services. We are looking for someone like you to help uphold Apple's high ethical and corporate standards, defend our intellectual property and provide the critical legal support needed for Apple's software products and businesses. You'll work with some incredible people and have fun along the way. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
Education & Experience
JD degree, excellent academic credentials, and admission to at least one state bar.
Back to top