Posted: Jul 29, 2020
Role Number: 200183725
Are you excited to learn about Apple's new software features? Do you desire to understand the ins and outs of Apple's operating systems and services? You will have just that opportunity on the Software Power Systems team. We're looking for a passionate and hardworking person to join our amazing team, and we'd love to hear from you. You will constantly be challenged to influence Apple's latest features and technologies to ensure they ship with excellent battery life. You will dive into how different features and system services are designed, and work with cross-functional teams to improve the energy efficiency of their code. We constantly look to innovate on energy efficiency, and are always finding ways to safeguard our customer's battery life experience while we provide 3rd party developers a rich platform to develop impactful features. Every ounce of energy you save will impact millions of users and devices, resulting in a greener earth!
- Strong coding skills, preferably in C/C++/Objective C
- Strong system level understanding
- Excellent debugging skills to tackle challenging problems
- Ability to independently learn new technologies, prototype and design software solutions
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Experience working with many cross-functional teams
- Experience with development on embedded platforms
- Deep understanding of networking and operating system concepts
You'll be working closely with many cross-functional teams to optimize battery usage of software features across all layers in the software stack. You'll have the opportunity to refine existing APIs or build new energy efficient APIs to help developers complete tasks more efficiently. You will also be able to develop software to help with triage of such issues, and work with analytics data to understand large scale trends and hot spots. To be successful in this role, we are looking for someone with great communication and cross- functional skills, strong OS and systems background, a good sense of software architecture, and strong debug/triage skills.
Education & Experience
B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent