Software Integrity Engineer, Media Mining
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Nov 5, 2019
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200118519
iPhone is the most popular camera in the world. The seamless integration of software and hardware has led to Photos features like Memories and Curated Library, which deliver experiences that are magical. The Camera & Photos team focuses on user-experience by leveraging computer vision and image processing through machine learning. Our team works hard on products that ship to millions of people and we are looking for people who want to do the same. The Photos QA Team is looking for an experienced Software Integrity Engineer with a background in, and passion for, photography, a sharp eye for details, and the drive to contribute to the creation of the deeply personalized user experiences we deliver through our efforts in data mining and the organization and presentation of photos in our users photo libraries. In addition to the Key Qualifications noted, this role requires a high degree of self-motivation, excellent communication skills, flexibility, and the ability to adjust to rapid change.
- Thorough understanding of Software Development and QA methodologies.
- Deep knowledge of macOS and iOS operating systems.
- Experience using and/or developing command line tools.
- Database experience (Graph db experience a big plus!)
- Experience developing complex data sets for targeted testing and validation.
- Background in scripting and developing test automation.
- Being a Photos user highly desirable.
- Experience with Python and/or Swift is desirable.
- 3+ Years Software Experience Required
This position requires a self-motivated individual with strong QA experience. You will work closely with engineers and your peers in QA to design, create, execute and maintain manual and automated test suites and be responsible for reporting on testing progress and the overall "health" of your feature area(s) throughout the development cycle. You will create problem reports and then track their resolution through completion; create targeted tools to help facilitate testing for yourself and others; and contribute ideas to the brainstorming and development of new and innovative features going forward.
Education & Experience
B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Back to top