Software Engineering Program Manager, Technology Development Group
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Apr 13, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200146381
The Technology Development Group is looking for a software engineering project manager (EPM) to help us build the next generation of Augmented Reality (AR) interactive solutions for Apple platforms. This team is working with some of Apple's most advanced technologies including AR, machine learning (ML) and computer vision (CV). As a member of our organization you will lead teams crafting future products that will delight, inspire and empower millions of people. You will need solid experience with system software, proven leadership capabilities, great interpersonal skills, and a dream to work with an amazing team to help guide feature and software development. As a self-motivated teammate who thrives in a dynamic, constantly changing environment, passionate about building phenomenal products and learning new technologies, this is the job for you. We are looking for people with a passion and track record for shipping complex new technology. This is a hands on role where you will lead projects through the software development lifecycle from concept to delivery. You will work with the most creative people in the world, working on technologies the likes of ARKit, RealityKit and Reality Composer. You should demonstrate high integrity, high energy and feel comfortable in a dynamic environment. As an experienced change leader navigating uncharted technology advancements you will need to build strong collaborative relationships and calmly manage any associated conflicts along the way. You will be responsible for successful outcomes and delivery with laser focus on execution with a keen eye for important details. If you relish challenge and are excited by working with a great team on amazing new technology, then we want to hear from you - please apply.
- Prior experience and consistent track record leading and shipping multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Solid knowledge of software development practices.
- Experience driving and delivering critical project features which involve integration with multiple different teams.
- Passion for and proven ability to quickly understand technical concepts in a wide range of fields.
- Collaboration: You are able to fit in well with a team, understand capabilities and priorities.
- Ability to communicate aspects of the project and filter messaging based on the target audience.
- Ability to create and execute plans in ambiguous settings.
- A deeply curious mindset about new ideas.
- Unafraid to ask the hard questions.
- A keen eye for user experience.
In this role, you will drive large, cross-functional programs and feature areas in AR, ML and CV, specifically related to frameworks and system experiences. This requires partnering with engineering management to facilitate all aspects of projects: Define, schedule, prioritize, track, proactively manage and communicate status of projects. You will lead efforts across teams representing multiple layers of the software stack as well as other cross-functional partners in areas such as human interface design, hardware, firmware, marketing and other organizations within and outside of Apple. Strong written and verbal communication is key as you drive projects forward, prioritize work, facilitate the removal of obstacles and escalate risks.
Education & Experience
BS/MS, Computer Science / Engineering or relevant industry experience
- Familiarity with computer vision concepts, augmented and virtual reality, 3D rendering engines, machine learning
- Prior work experience (in any role) in any of these areas is desirable:
- AR/VR ToolKits
- Computer Vision
- Machine Learning
- Camera and Display Technologies
- Frameworks and system experiences
Back to top