Software Engineering Program Manager - CV/ ML Algorithms
Posted: Oct 23, 2019
Role Number: 200022660
The Technology Development Group at Apple is looking for an experienced, technical software engineering program manager (EPM) to help us build the next generation of Augmented Reality solutions for Apple platforms. This team is working with some of Apple's most advanced technologies including machine learning (ML) and computer vision (CV). As a member of our organization you will lead teams crafting future products that will delight, encourage and empower millions of people. We are looking for an ambitious teammate with a track record of shipping complex new technology and experience in building algorithms, who thrives in a dynamic, constantly changing environment. You will lead teams through the software development cycle from concept to delivery, collaborating with several teams at Apple and driving the definition, schedule, execution and communication of new features. If you are up to the challenge of leading an amazing team in building ground breaking technologies through a fast paced development cycle with frequent changes, we want to hear from you!
- 5+ years of experience managing complex, cross-functional software projects
- Solid knowledge of software development processes
- Ability to dive into technical details in Machine Learning, Computer Vision and other algorithms
- Exceptional verbal /written communication skills, ability to distill information for the right audience
- Self-motivated, collaborative, curious, pro-active with demonstrated critical thinking capability and great attention to detail
In this role, you will drive large, cross-functional efforts to build technologies serving the future of Augmented Reality. This requires partnering with engineering management to lead all aspects of projects: you will define, schedule, prioritize, track, measure and communicate status. Identifying and mitigating risks, removing road blocks and facilitating communication between teams is essential to the role as you lead efforts across teams representing multiple layers of the software stack as well as other cross-functional partners. You will also look for opportunities to continuously improve team's processes and execution.
Education & Experience
BS/MS Computer Science/ Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Prior experience in hands-on software development or algorithm scientist role in Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Computer Vision, or software architecture is desired.
Back to top