Software Engineering Manager - FaceTime Real-Time Networking
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Aug 5, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200135991
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We're looking for a passionate software engineering manager to lead a team of software engineers who work on the iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS frameworks for FaceTime, Apple Watch transport, HomeKit transport, and more! The team is responsible for Apple's real-time networking framework, "IdentityServices" also known as "IDS", which enables device-to-device communication over the internet between Apple devices. A core part of Apple's culture is the focus to build technologies only when they will create new value for our users. Our team is uniquely positioned to shape product direction by making new user experiences possible. In this role, your responsibilities will include: • Maximizing our team effectiveness by mentoring our high growth employees to succeed in lead roles. • Making the right strategic technology decisions, striking balance between improving the quality of our existing products and investing in new product development. • Shaping product direction by developing vision and building relationships with key cross-functional stakeholders, including: peer engineering teams, the design team, senior software leadership, and the product marketing team.
- You care about helping others grow in their careers at Apple.
- You have strong planning and execution skills.
- You have strong communication and collaboration skills.
- You have strong software engineering skills and can act as an arbitrator for tough technical debates.
- You aspire to take an Apple-wide perspective in making decisions.
- You have experience with API development, threading, data structures, performance, battery life, and sockets.
- You have an understanding of client-server driven architecture and efficient protocol design for communicating devices.
Please join us in strengthening the Apple ecosystem and bringing users together with innovative networking technologies. The Applied Networking team is a passionate collection of engineers who are looking for a highly motivated engineering manager with aspirations to build powerful products that change our customers lives, cultivate learning, and lead cross-functional efforts to success. This team's products are deeply important to Apple users and our success depends on partnership, technical leadership, and diverse experiences!
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent
Back to top