Software Engineering Manager
- Austin, TX
Posted: May 7, 2020
Role Number: 200149445
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We promote innovation and new technology to further improve our creative output. Multifaceted, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. You will work with us to build an extraordinary development team. The Collaboration Services team is responsible for delivering Collaboration tools to Apple's global employees. As a Manager on this team, you will be responsible for leading the design, development and delivery of key applications and integrations that Apple employees will use every day. Beyond that, you'll bring your best influencing skills to bear so that business partners across Apple join your vision for the most customer-centric results possible.
- Demonstrated skills with a variety of development methodologies and ability to adapt these to the needs of an organization using Agile processes.
- Understanding of software development lifecycle, DevOps (build, continuous integration, deployment tools) and standard methodologies.
- Very good understanding of multiple software engineering languages including Java, Python, C, C++, Objective C, etc.
- Knowledge of secure coding practices, compliance, open-source technologies and frameworks.
- Experience with service oriented architecture, REST based services and orchestration of APIs for web and mobile applications.
- Experience with Java and its ecosystem, relational and non-relational databases, Internet protocols, caching systems, queuing systems
- Ability to communicate with cross-functional teams about various engineering topics such as system architecture, detailed design, APIs, project schedules etc.
- Ability to make right trade-off choices when dealing with functional complexity, conflicting priorities and aggressive schedules
- Ability to represent the team and remove hurdles so that each one of the team members operate at the highest level of efficiency and productivity
- Ability to hire, mentor and manage the performance of team members
- Ability to communicate with senior executives within the IS&T organization and in business functions
- A learning attitude to continuously improve self, team and the organization
- Resource planning and fiscal year planning experience very useful
- 5+ years of experience in leading engineering teams
- 5+ years of experience in architecting, designing and developing enterprise-grade scalable software
- A solid understanding of Quality Assurance testing methodologies in addition to available frameworks and tools a bonus.
Join the Collaboration Services team as a Manager to bring engineering and operational excellence to the forefront of all our global enterprise solutions. To meet these goals, you'll possess strong verbal & written communication skills as well as being self-motivated, driven, detail oriented, hands-on, and a strong technology leader. An aptitude for architecture, design, development, and deployment of both custom and software package based solutions will also serve you well. Developing a proven record for managing, motivating and providing technical mentorship to a team of software engineers to bring out their best work will be key to success. Ensuring quality in every deliverable, creative thinking, strong problem solving, and the ability to collaborate with other multi-functional teams in a fast paced environment will be meaningful attributes to possess. This is an excellent opportunity to bring efficiency and structure to the team. Responsibilities: - Participate in product development discussions and map functional requirements to a technical design and a project schedule. - Have technical discussions with team members to agree on product scope and delivery schedules - Track delivery schedule and related dependencies - Write detailed architecture and design documentation - Communicate with external teams (written and oral) on various aspects such as business value, technical design, project schedule etc - Review design and code produced by engineers - Drive quality improvement initiatives and processes - Grow team by hiring great engineers and by mentoring / coaching them where required
Education & Experience
Bachelorʼs degree in Computer Science or Equivalent (5+ years experience in related field)
Back to top