Software Engineer, Time
Posted: Dec 18, 2019
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 113544830
Join our Sensing and Connectivity team and drive innovation that matters! We build and seamlessly integrate technologies that enrich people's lives and deliver the absolute best user-experience. We're looking for people who are passionate about building technology that will make a difference. Power the next generation of our time daemon for users. We design and develop time synchronization on all of our platforms: iOS, macOS, tvOS and watchOS. We are looking for a highly motivated software engineer with technical fundamentals in Computer Science. Be ready to make something phenomenal when you come here. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. You should join the Apple Location Framework team if you want to help deliver the next amazing Apple product.
- 2+ years of professional experience in C or C++ or Objective-C
- Deep understanding of multi-threaded programming and synchronization
- Experience designing and then supporting API's
- Broad experience in overall system design and implementation
- Can work in a reciprocal environment and clearly communicate while authoritatively driving multiple projects across many teams
- Laser-focus on the smallest details that are meaningful to our customers
You will help design and architect new time features You will implement and optimize high precision time synchronization features You will develop the software that powers our next generation hardware You will drive correct usage of API internally and externally You will collaborate with many teams throughout the company to drive time features
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with network time synchronization, GPS integration, clock discipline algorithms helpful.
Back to top