Software Engineer- Numeric Algorithms and Geometry
Posted: Jul 18, 2019
Role Number: 200066001
The algorithm engineer will work in a dynamic team developing and implementing state of the art geometry processing and numeric algorithms to be used in a massive scale data processing pipeline for the next generation of Maps software. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, extraordinary ideas have a way of becoming excellent products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- Strong knowledge in C/C++
- Data structures and algorithms
- Numerical methods and computational geometry
- Ability to work on open-ended research projects
- Interest on implementing new algorithms in the areas of computational geometry, while also supporting other ongoing SW projects in the team.
The HD Maps team at Apple is looking for talented engineers who are passionate about crafting extraordinary 3D content for millions of customers around the world. You'll be working on state of the art technology as well as researching and developing new algorithms that enable high-quality production, analysis, and real-time processing of 3D data. Responsibilities include developing algorithms and software for geometry analysis, meshing, visualization and real-time operations on 3D geometry, while also supporting other projects as a SW generalist.
Education & Experience
M.S. degree in Computer Science or similar, alternatively a comparable industry career with a proven record of successful projects.
- Meriting experience include:
- • experience in computational geometry, familiarity with geo spatial data
Back to top