Software Engineer - Maps Services
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Jun 8, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200066813
Are you passionate about powering new features for the next iOS release? Are you excited about working on huge datasets, real time streaming, and high volume/low latency serving stack? Then we have the job for you! Maps Places team is one of the core backend/services teams in Apple Maps. We work on challenging problems spanning Big Data, real time streaming, high-volume/low-latency query processing, and also building user facing features by partnering with iOS teams. We index the world's Point of Interest (POI) data to power several features across Maps, Siri, Spotlight search, etc across Apple devices Join Maps Places team to participate in this exciting journey of building new features for the user.
- 7+ yrs of experience in building high volume, low latency, scalable distributed systems using Java
- Experience in object oriented design
- Experience with Linux & scripting languages (bash, python, ruby)
- Experience with one of more of async programming / real time stream processing / big data technologies
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals, including familiarity with data structures
- Excellent performance and debugging skills
- Excellent communication skills.
Maps Places team is looking for software engineers to build state of the art POI data service to power features across Apple devices and services. You should be experienced in building robust scalable, distributed systems and demonstrate solid understanding of system architecture, design, and coding with testability. You will work with other teams to understand their needs, define requirements and interfaces, and implement a solution.
Education & Experience
BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related field. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
Back to top