Software Engineer in Test, Tools and Automations - Ad Platforms
Posted: May 28, 2019
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200062989
At Apple, we work every day to create products that enrich people's lives. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and imaginative content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Our technology and services power advertising in Apple News and Search Ads in App Store. Our platforms are highly-performant, deployed at scale, and setting new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy. We are looking for an engineer with skills and passion to help build out our large scale platform. The QE team fills the mission-critical role of ensuring that our complex, large-scale systems are healthy, monitored, automated, and designed to scale with consistent performance. As an engineer, you will work alongside our team of engineers to create and monitor quality data systems in the context of a micro-services architecture, identify continuous improvement opportunities and implement best practices. You will be performing design engineering analysis and development. You will contribute to ensure we provide a world-class user experience for our customers.
- Proficiency in Java/Python.
- Proficient with Micro-Services architectures and Rest API.
- Proficient with Java/TestNG framework
- Familiarity with Cloud technologies (like AWS)
- Exposure to distributed data stores (like Hadoop, Hive, Cassandra)
- Some exposure to message brokering systems, especially Kafka
- Understanding of testing strategies and methodologies, exposure to test harnesses is a plus
- Solid QE technical lead ability. Very responsible, organized, driven, and obsessed with quality. Very positive attitude, with excellent work ethics
- Proven ability to deliver high-quality design, code, and tests, on tight schedules. Results oriented and deadline driven
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with cross-functional teams
- Excellent collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Curious about new technologies and quick learner
As a key contributor to this team, you will build and maintain Automation Frameworks in addition to developing tools to aid Continuous Integration/Delivery. You will work efficiently with cross-functional teams, understand product requirements, design test strategy and dive deep to understand and test the entire system end-to-end. You are expected to build the product expertise needed to help debug production issues and integrate with monitoring infrastructures.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in computer science or equivalent field
Back to top