Software Engineer, AR/VR Applications
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Jan 23, 2020
Role Number: 200135200
The Technology Development Group (TDG) is looking for a Software Engineer to help us build cutting-edge applications for our next-generation interactive computing platform. Our team is working with some of Apple's most advanced technologies. As a member of our organization, you will develop expertise in the bleeding edge of Augmented and Virtual Reality (AR/VR). Through your contributions, you will meaningfully impact the design, architecture, and development of future Apple products that will delight, inspire, and empower millions of people.
- Proficiency in a systems programming language, such as Objective-C, Swift, C/C++, etc.
- Experience using Apple's application development frameworks like UIKit/AppKit, SwiftUI, AVFoundation, Core Motion, Core ML, CloudKit, SiriKit, StoreKit, etc.
- Track record of building functional, performant, and delightful software
Apple's apps define our products; they are the core fulfillment of our user stories. You will have the opportunity to build software that directly impacts how customers use our products. We work closely with Apple's human interface design team and our internal framework teams to to define and develop high-impact applications for Apple's next-generation computing platforms. The ideal engineer for this role is comfortable working in a dynamic and creative team charged with exploring an uncharted and rapidly evolving domain. You will be researching and developing entirely new apps and experiences, a challenge that will demand rapid experimentation and prototyping without sacrificing code quality or attention to detail. You will be exposed to state of the art in interactive 3D applications, get the chance to shape the trajectory of future Apple products, and surface the untapped potential of the AR/VR space for our users.
Education & Experience
BS / MS / PhD in Computer Science OR equivalent degree OR equivalent experience
- Familiarity with RealityKit, SceneKit, Metal, or Core Animation
- Experience with Unix development, daemons, cross-process communication, etc.
- 3D Graphics, Real Time Graphics, and 3D Math
- Experience building AR/VR apps either professionally or personally
- Interest or proficiency in UI/UX design
- An interest and passion for AR/VR Technologies
Back to top