- Cupertino, CA
Posted: May 7, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200139738
The people here at Apple don't just build products - we craft the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! As a senior software engineer on the IS&T SCI team, you will design and build high performance, highly scalable, fault tolerant systems for critical Apple Supply Chain needs; varying from Supply Planning, Demand Planning, Product Distribution and so on. You will architect highly usable, powerful, clean, and beautiful Web UIs. You will work closely with a small agile team of hardworking engineers, project managers and product managers collaborating with users to design, build, and deploy top-quality applications.
- Shown ability with modern web frameworks and/or libraries such as React, Angular etc.
- Demonstrated ability building web applications with any common web technologies (Java, Python)
- Proven experience in handling data structures in Python
- Demonstrated ability of Database modeling; PL/SQL and SQL. MongoDB is a plus.
- Extensive hands on project management experience
- Knowledge of common design patterns in web development (MVC, MVVM, etc);
- Solid understanding of source control software such as Git (preferred) or SVN;
- Expertise in Agile/waterfall project management methodologies
- Ability to multi-task and run tasks with varying priorities
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Ability to brainstorm and communicate technology ideas and issues with peers and management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in developing applications for Supply Chain business domain, with more focus on Supply Planning, Demand Planning
- Ability to learn new technologies and implement in short time
- Comfortable working in a multi-discipline, geographically dispersed team
- Experience in leading a team of developers and QA
You will collaborate with application owners, developers, QA, project managers, Support teams and end users. Lead proof-of-concept and pilot implementations to demonstrate new ideas or illustrate the use of new technologies and how to apply it into our systems. Strive for top quality results and continuously look for ways to improve and enhance system reliability, performance, and security. You will perform regular design and code reviews and participate in debugging and coding to resolve issues. Provide technical guidance and mentoring to a small team of software engineers; Develop critical system components as well as take bottom line for team's timely deliverables quality and performance Demonstrates solid understanding of information management, data modeling, system integration, development methodologies (including unit testing) and web technologies. Participate in architectural design meetings for data/system integration projects Team lead experience is a plus. Occasionally will need to handle Application Production (warranty) support. Working with highly used outsourcing model
Education & Experience
BA or BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree and 10+ years experience.
Back to top