- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Feb 21, 2020
Role Number: 200151887
We are looking for an exceptional Software Engineer who can design, architect, and lead development of state of the art, rich web applications to support Apple's global Supply Chain & Operations teams. Our current applications are diverse and evolving combinations of old and new, closed and open source technologies. You are passionate about user interface design, and you are a knowledge resource for the latest trends and technologies. You like solving problems that directly impact the business. You thrive in a start-up environment, but can deliver large, scalable solutions. If this describes you then you should consider joining our team. Forget performing the same repetitive task over and over. In this position you'll be able to move from project to project, working with dedicated business stakeholders and designing great software applications that fulfill the users needs. Put your hard-earned knowledge of the latest web or Swift technologies to use in projects that will have a significant impact in Apple's supply chain business. You should be able to work and thrive in a fast paced environment with changing priorities and tight deadlines. You should be comfortable wearing many hats. You will be part of a small, collaborative team of talented engineers.
- 5+ years software development experience.
- Expertise architecting, designing and developing web solutions using object-oriented design skills.
- 3+ years of experience with PHP (Laravel application framework is a plus) or Node.js
- Expertise with React.js and the React ecosystem (Redux/MobX), ES6/7 (TypeScript is a plus).
- 3+ years of experience with Swift and/or Objective-C with desire to learn Swift.
- Expertise with Xcode, including XCTest, debugging, code signing.
- Experience working with the various Cocoa and/or Cocoa Touch frameworks (e.g. Foundation, AppKit/UIKit
- Expert in UI/UX design.
- Demonstrated abilities in SQL, database design, data modeling, and expedient querying.
- Expertise with Git (experience with GitHub and Gitflow a plus).
- Ability to research and quickly work with new technologies.
- Strong analytical mindset with a maniacal attention to detail.
- Willingness to maintain and enhance existing code.
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases, RESTful services, Linux tools, scripting.
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) software and processes for web.
- Skilled at communicating technical issues with non-technical audience.
- Hands-on experience in machine learning and predictive analytics is a plus.
We are looking for a self-motivated engineer who can be responsible for the development and design of web applications and components and Swift based applications. Design, code, test, and implement rich web applications that support our supply chain business. You should have experience in architecting and implementing scalable APIs, designing database schema and managing the server software stack. As this team prides itself in embracing emerging technologies, you should have the ability to research, recommend and apply the most appropriate technology for the task. Working In collaboration with our business teams and technical partners, this role will work to actively improve the usability, efficiency, and overall effectiveness of our global Supply Chain teams through innovative software solutions. • Analyze complex business processes to be solved with automated systems that can scale to enterprise level requirements; serve as software architect for design, development, and management. • Distill business needs into software features through in-depth conversations with non-technical users and leadership. • Develop user-friendly and intuitive web applications. Quickly prototype new ideas for business validation, usability testing, and production-ready code. • Write clean, modular, robust code without supervision in a dynamic, iterative, and multi-release environment. Introduce automation into build processes. • Take lead on building strong relationships within Apple, structuring valuable discussions around user experience/challenges and turning insights into solutions.
Education & Experience
BS or MS degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering plus 5 years of software development experience.
Back to top