- Austin, TX
Posted: Dec 3, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200151418
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple! Do you want to impact billions of users by developing an extraordinary product with a prime focus on accuracy, understandability and performance of the product? Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! The Mobile & Messaging Apps team at Apple creates mobile e-commerce and retail experience through the Apple Store App, used by millions of Apple customers. By integrating revolutionary iOS technologies and high performance services, along with embracing the latest HI design standards, the Apple Store App sets the bar for iOS apps. In addition to the app, we also build the next generation of Apple's engagement and communication with customers through Messaging Apps, powering the company's official accounts on WeChat and iOS Business Chat. As a software engineer working on infrastructure, you are responsible for crafting and developing with ground breaking technologies that drive our sophisticated CI/CD process. You'll in charge of implementing scalable, reliable, and secure software and processes for internal platforms that support the work of all engineering teams. In this highly-versatile, very rewarding opportunity, you are part of an exciting, family of talent-overflowing people working on developing software that will be widely adopted. When you join, you will be required to work in highly collaborative environment, communicate to end users to continuously improve the user experience, and collaborate with peers to improve quality of our product
- 3+ years experience building services or cloud software
- Excellent understanding of containers, deployment systems, and container management platforms (Kubernetes, Docker, GKE, EKS, etc)
- Good hands on experience on Python, bash, or any other scripting language
- Good command on mutual authentication, networking concepts, DNS, ACls and vips
- Ability to communicate optimally, lead, design and develop scalable softwares while working with other teams.
- Excellent understanding of containers, deployment systems, and container management platforms, preferably Kubernetes.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills.
- Ability to deliver and challenge the status quo.
- Extensive knowledge of software design paradigms in large-scale environments, distributed systems.
- Understand Unix system internals, client/server protocols, and data storage systems in a cloud environment.
We are looking for a professional engineer, who has a passion for getting their hands dirty in code, while crafting, analyzing and solving problems with large software systems. This is an opportunity to join agile team to build high-quality services that encourage other teams. It will require a deep knowledge of micro-services architecture as well as container orchestration systems such as Kubernetes. To be successful in this role, you will need to excel at working together with internal partners and customers to collaboratively build the right application/solution.
Education & Experience
BS or MS Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.
Back to top