Software Developer in Test (SDET)
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: May 13, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200169795
The Technology Development Group (TDG) is working with some of Apple's most advanced and exciting technologies, including augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) explorations. As a member of our fast-paced organization, you will have the opportunity to be part of a rapidly evolving team, driving experiences that will delight and inspire millions of people. We're looking for a creative and motivated Software Developer Engineer with excellent problem solving andcommunication skills. This position requires strong technical ownership and attention to detail. The ideal candidate will have3+ years of Software Development on Apple platforms and a background in QA or System Test on consumer-facing hardware/software products .
- 3+ years experience with development on Apple platforms.
- Experience in C or C++
- Familiarity with OS concepts and low level system software and drivers
- Strong knowledge of Unix and Unix shell scripting.
- Demonstrated ability to own a complete functional area of an application or product.
- Good understanding of software QA methodologies & practices.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to solve difficult problems with innovative and maintainable solutions.
- Must be detail oriented and strive for product excellence.
- Own a technical area and deliver polished software tools and apps for it. - Develop and maintain high quality tools for testing new features and frameworks. - Work with engineers on understanding and using in development frameworks. - Regress, isolate, and report all issues found during testing. - Workcross-functionally with otherQA teams, Developers and Project Managers. - Be a vocal proponent for quality internally and externally. - Report status on a regular basis.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree or equivalent industry experience required.
- - Ability to triage and solve problems involving user/kernel boundary, multi-threading and synchronization
- - In-depth understanding of iOS and OS X.
- - Experience in 3D programming (SceneKit/RealityKit)
- - Experience in 3D engines (Unity/Unreal)
- - Objective C and Swift
- - Familiarity with Computer Vision and Machine Learning.
Back to top