Software Developer in Test - I/O Technologies
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Mar 20, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200160772
CoreOS Transports team is looking for a skilled Test Engineer to help drive quality across iOS and macOS. You will be responsible for qualifying various technologies including Thunderbolt, USB, USB-C, AV (HDMI, DisplayPort), HID. You will be working in a fast paced environment interacting with engineering teams and multi-functional partners within Apple. You will be the user advocate for these technologies ensuring that our customers get absolutely best experience on the Mac and iOS platforms.
- Experience writing test tools and frameworks
- Strong Python skills
- Strong background in developing, designing or extending existing test frameworks
- Strong collaborative skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to ramp up quickly on both new and existing technologies.
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules
Work closely with your peers and software engineers on developing test plans, designing test tools and automation to properly qualify Mac and iOS devices running future and currently supported operating systems. Will be responsible for executing test plans, developing test automation and performing acceptance testing on variety of Apple and 3rd party accessories. Providing test status, both qualitative and quantitative, and bug reports on current test plans. Assist engineering teams in debugging issues found during testing. Continual growth and building of skill-sets is highly encouraged and expected for all team members.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in CS/CE/EE or equivalent.
- Preferred Experience:
- In-depth knowledge of iOS & macOS (user-experience, software, and hardware)
- Basic knowledge of understanding how hardware peripherals work Understanding of QA concepts and testing methodologies
- Demonstrated creative, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Proficient in low-level programming language - C++, C, Assembly Embedded or transport testing experience.
Back to top