Software Developer - Battery User Experience
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Oct 9, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200197294
Do you love creating elegant solutions to complex challenges? Are you committed to user experience? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment? If so, we would love to hear from you! At Apple, we constantly look to improve energy efficiency and are always finding ways to enrich our customer's battery life experience. In this role, you will help millions of users every day by providing context and understanding around something fundamental to their lives. More than that, you'll help users discover ways to actively improve their experience on all current and future iOS, watchOS, and macOS products. Be part of an amazing new team focused on developing innovative solutions for battery user experience!
- 3+ years of embedded SW development experience
- Proficiency in object-oriented programming in a systems language (e.g. C++, Objective-C, Swift)
- Experience with SW architecture and development of UI applications
- Passion for user experience, coupled with a proven intuition
- Demonstrated innovative, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
We are looking for motivated engineer with excellent problem solving, creative, and interpersonal skills. In this role, you will collaborate with teams across Apple to learn about upcoming HW technologies and SW features, develop models and accounting for their impact on battery life, and build systems and UI to help inform and educate users. To be successful in this role, you must have a keen interest in understanding how systems work end to end, and be able to think of innovative solutions for a great user experience. It will also require experience in software architecture and computer systems and strong debug/triage skills.
Education & Experience
• B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
Back to top