SoC System Level Test, Tools and Infrastructure Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Jul 24, 2020
Role Number: 200032673
Do you love creating elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you'll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You'll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and expertly handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you'll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple's devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. The System Level Test (SLT) is part of Apple's Silicon Engineering Group design the SLT platform and manufactures the next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). The SLT Tools and Infrastructure Engineer is experienced in software, electrical and/or manufacturing test engineering and will collaborate with the product development groups in building the necessary tools and infrastructure to support SLT.
- Expert or near expert level in C , C++ or C# programming.
- Strong familiarity with various design patterns to support a highly parallel and multi-threaded software environment
- Have experience building highly scalable, low latency systems
- Experience in both low-level operating system functionality (e.g. memory/IO/Disk/CPU/resource management, multi-threading) as well as high-level application level software.
- Experience performing hardware bring-up
- Familiarity with semiconductor test methodology
- Some experience or knowledge of security and obfuscation of software
- Familiarity in debugging USB/JTAG issues with analyzer and use of Oscilloscope.
- Some experience with Python and bash scripting
- Experience with manufacturing and provisioning processes for devices
- Ability to read hardware spec and data sheets
- Design and implement high-performance, high-availability tester infrastructure - Design and implement hardware abstract layer software components - Design and implement custom work flow management techniques to drive SLT software - Design and implement efficient data processing and visualization techniques - Design and develop hardware characterization routines - Implement diagnostic tools to support benchmarking and characterization of hardware - Develop and debug drivers - Adopt test driven development and deliver high quality code - Interact with cross functional groups to influence software and hardware design
Education & Experience
BSEE / MSEE is required
Back to top