SoC Power Delivery Architect
Posted: Feb 4, 2020
Role Number: 200018290
Imagine what you can do here. Do you love crafting elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products. Bring your passion and dedication, and there's no telling what we can accomplish together. In Apple's Platform Architecture team, we are looking for a forward-thinking System Power Architect to drive our next generation SoC power solutions. In this highly influential role, you will be leading engineers across the company to design and deliver power solutions that leverage our best ideas across the full spectrum of Apple products.
- Familiarity with SoC power delivery; DVFM management, power and performance tradeoffs, throttling techniques, thermal constraints, etc.
- Experience working with and defining system power state machines, power supply sequencing, and power telemetry requirements.
- Working knowledge of communication protocols such as SPMI, I2C, SWD, etc.
- Understanding of fundamental power delivery components, multiphase buck & boost converters, PMICs, LDOs, charge pumps, ADCs & DACs, etc.
- Ability to work cross functionally to build consensus and alignment between multiple independent teams at Apple
- Excellent communication skills are critical.
As the SoC Power Delivery Architect, you will work with SoC architects, system engineers and design teams to architect the next generation power delivery solutions for Apple SoCs. Define control and telemetry requirements for various power delivery components. Work with product teams to anticipate use case battery life and performance impact. You will also drive next generation power delivery developments with implementation teams.
Education & Experience
BS is required; M.S. or PhD in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering is highly desired
Back to top