SOC Emulation Engineer
- Austin, TX
Posted: Mar 26, 2019
Role Number: 200048197
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices - strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. The industry is accustomed to Apple taping out the SOC's for our various products at a rigorous pace. In order to achieve this, Apple's world-class design processes are driven by our top-notch emulation engineers. In this role you will be focused on the creation, deployment, and support of our advanced emulation environments. Putting you at the center of our chip design efforts and collaborating with all disciplines, making a critical impact on getting functional products to millions of customers quickly. Are you ready to join our team and help us deliver the next groundbreaking Apple products?
- - We'll be counting your expertise and years of experience in building and developing emulation environments.
- - By now you have a demonstrated ability to build emulation models, run tests on emulation machines, and debug issues within the time constrictions of silicon design projects while handling multiple priorities
- - You've built some experience working with emulation platforms such as: Palladium, Veloce, or Zebu, including compilation, debug, performance and throughput tuning.
- - You can debug hardware issues from waveforms
- - You're experienced with the integration/debug of external target interfaces such as UART/JTAG/USB in an emulation environment.
- - You can bring up 3rd party accelerated verification IP in emulation.
- - You have an understanding of CPU and/or GPU architecture and micro architecture.
- - You can write synthesizable code.
- - Your programming skills are going to be really important, we prefer a combination of some languages like: C, C++, Perl, Ruby, System, Verilog, Verilog, Make.
- - You also have experience with DPI.
- - You know how to debug emulation hardware, software, and silicon design issues.
- - You're a trusted partner and can interact with and drive vendor field service/AEs to address emulation hardware and software issues
- - You have the ability to interface emulation hardware with virtual systems, simulation environment, and silicon validation
- - If you have general verification skills, that's a plus for us
- - We collaborate with a lot of people, your strong communication skills will be key in your success with our team.
- As a member of our SOC emulation team you'll support multiple emulation environments using the latest emulation techniques (Transactors, SV assertions, Coverage, Power Estimation, SpeedBridges). - You'll be bringing up SOCs on emulation, root causing SoC/Processor test fails and emulator environment issues. - We are in constant collaboration with Design, DV, Power, Silicon Validation, Performance, and Software teams. - You will architect, implement, and bring up SOC+Test Bench builds on emulation - Running tests on appropriate emulation builds, debugging issues, and reporting status. - Collaborating with pre- and post-silicon validation teams to develop and implement support plans. - Leveraging emulation capabilities to accelerate silicon bring-up - Exploring and developing new technologies and methodologies to leverage emulation and hardware acceleration for new applications - Resolving emulation issues via vendor interactions
Education & Experience
You hold a BS/MS/PhD in either CE, EE, CS or equivalent relevant experience.
Back to top