SOC Display Architect - Platform Architecture
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Feb 3, 2020
Role Number: 200102751
Do you love working on state-of-the-art technologies? Are you a visionary and love solving technological and architectural challenges? At Apple, our Platform Architecture team features collaboration and hands-on environment that cultivates engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation. Join this team, and you'll collaborate with engineers across Apple to develop algorithms and architectures that help build the seamless technology experiences we're known for worldwide. In this highly visible role, you will be collaborating with software and hardware architects, designers and validation engineers from our software design, silicon design and display engineering teams to develop SOC hardware architectures for Apple displays.
- The ideal candidate will have 7+ years of experience in display pipeline architectures
- Proven experience working on various aspects of display pipeline algorithms related to geometric manipulation, image enhancement, color management, and display compensation
- Experience writing HW architecture specifications
- Expert knowledge of signal processing and its applications to display processing
- Knowledge in hardware micro-architecture.
- Experience with Matlab/C++ and scripting languages such as Perl and/or Python
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work across various teams
- You will be responsible for defining new hardware architectures for the display sub-system of Apple's application processor chip (System on a Chip, or SOC). - You will have responsibilities spanning various aspects of the design of the related IP, including: evaluate and prototype new display processing algorithms in Matlab and C/C++, define suitable architectures and evaluate tradeoffs for image quality, power, performance and area for hardware implementations, work with chip architecture teams, software teams, display engineering teams to define, document and implement display processing architectures.
Education & Experience
MS or Ph.D. in signal processing/image processing preferred
Back to top