SoC Debug Engineering Program Manager
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Jun 15, 2020
Role Number: 200023325
Do you want to utilize your engineering background to make big things happen? Can you influence, connect, get results, and communicate effectively? Come to Apple and work within a dynamic team to deliver innovative silicon products/technologies to our customers. This is an excellent opportunity to engage in leading edge technologies and contribute to new Apple products year after year. Be at the center of the action on new silicon product development for Apple's groundbreaking SoCs! Apple seeks a Silicon Engineering Program Manager within the Silicon Engineering Group (SEG) organization to join an experienced program management team driving silicon program schedules and resolving technical issues that enable on time silicon delivery. You will help lead and drive programs involving silicon debug, bring-up and validation for state-of-the-art technology used in next generation Apple products. Not only will help bring our state of the art processors to market, but also influence future designs from lessons learned. This position will collaborate with multi-functional teams to resolve silicon issues blocking product development starting with initial silicon bring up through production release and beyond.
- 15+ years experience in SOC / VLSI Chip Design, DRAM, Product Engineering.
- 5+ years of Technical program management / vendor management experience.
- Experience in silicon validation or qualification of ASIC's.
- Experience with ARM architecture and leading silicon projects from concept to production is considered a plus.
- Extraordinary leadership skills and ability to inspire team members with an innate ability to see the bigger picture.
- Passion to own/drive project development using well-defined metrics.
- Experience working in a high-energy multi-disciplined engineering environment, strong at multi-tasking, and real-time crisis management
- Thrive in dynamic schedule driven development environment.
- Ability to understand and extract action plans from complex technical discussions and translate into succinct messaging for multi-functional and executive status reporting
- Excellent debugging skills. Proven ability to drive resolution of critical problems.
In this high profile role you will be responsible for the following. • Work on a EPM team responsible for driving technical issue resolution to enable on-time silicon to meet daring product schedules. • Drive internal program process to guarantee high quality silicon execution. • Interface and drive silicon issues across multi-functional teams: Design, Verification, Validation, Technology, System Hardware and Software. • Focus silicon team on meeting near term work and unblocking technical issues by pulling together the right multi-functional technical expert(s) to resolve issues with data based decision-making. • Attend and drive technical sessions with suppliers/design partners to track and follow up issues/escalations. • Focused issue reporting, bug tracking, and communication of program risks and status.
Education & Experience
• MS / BS Degree in Computer / Electrical Engineering.
Back to top