Site Reliability Engineer, JMET
- Austin, TX
Posted: May 8, 2020
Role Number: 200096662
Apple's JMET team is seeking SRE who would be responsible for deploying, monitoring, troubleshooting and develop tooling for all of the JMET solutions. The Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) position requires a mix of strategic engineering and design along with hands-on, technical work. You will have experience in being a Systems Administrator or a Programmer that has moved on to DevOps/Automation in their career. You will configure, tune, and tackle multi-tiered systems to achieve optimal application performance, stability and availability. You will work closely with the systems engineers, network engineers, database administrators, monitoring team, and information security team. For this position, strict application security and high availability requirements need to be consistent to achieve optimal solutions. JMET is a rare team focused on security initiatives that provides critical IT solutions across most of Apple's product line. These solutions are utilized from the manufacturing space all the way to customer facing solutions. We are looking for a hardworking individual who can excel in a dynamic environment, who can be a self starter and bring their passion to ensure quality and reliability of the solutions we maintain.
- Unix or Linux administration and performance tuning skills,
- 5+ years of leading services in a large scale *nix environment Experience with DevOps tools, processes, and culture.
- Validated experience with Automation skills using Ansible, Chef, Jenkins, and puppet
- Oracle DB knowledge and troubleshooting skills
- Java and JVM technologies runtime configurations and troubleshooting.
- Infrastructure knowledge of Networks, load balancers, Firewalls and WAF.
- SDLC and release engineering including source code repository and build tools including SVN and GIT.
- Network, System and Application Security knowledge.
- Experience with Kafka or other message queueing technology a plus
Review hardware, software infrastructure and application functionality for optimization. Identify performance bottlenecks. Responsible for the full system lifecycle including configuration, code deployment in user acceptance test and production environments. Monitor infrastructure and application services and drive incident management. Collaborate with Apple's production support team, application engineers, project managers, systems engineers, network engineers, database administrators and QA team to effectively ensure availability and reliability of the JMET solutions.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or related field with 2+ years experience.
Back to top