Site Reliability Engineer - Atlas Collaboration
Posted: Aug 23, 2019
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200091588
Apple is looking for an experienced and talented backend SRE to join the Atlas Collaboration team. This role requires a keen understanding of the Atlassian toolset and how to maximize those systems for our users. Be part of a tight-knit team revolutionizing the way collaboration works at Apple. You'll support groups that build the cutting edge technologies used in our products today. The team you will be joining is a diverse team of Atlassian experts, backend developers, and system administrators. Together, you and our team will enable engineers to do great work to build great products.
- Certified Atlassian system administrator.
- 4+ years of Atlassian stack Linux administration.
- Postgres database knowledge. Experience in MySQL/Oracle a plus.
- Jira and Confluence REST API knowledge.
- Deep understanding of Jira and Confluence system administration including upgrades and regular maintenance.
- Deep understanding of Jira and Confluence to implement best practice guidelines as well as troubleshoot performance issues.
- Experience with Jira-to-Jira and Confluence-to-Confluence migrations. Migrations from other tools is a plus.
- Experience with Atlassian Data Center a plus.
- Good scripting skills via Script-runner in Groovy a big plus. Other experience writing plugins in Java or Python/Ruby are a plus.
- Experience in other Atlassian tools such as Jira Service Desk, BitBucket, Fisheye, Portfolio are plus but not required.
You will be responsible for maintaining, updating, and enhancing multiple Jira and Confluence instances. This includes completing health checks, upgrading systems, maximizing performance, and supporting user requests. In this role, you will have the opportunity to interact directly with our users to understand their requirements and impact their experience through the design and implementation of new features and customizations. This role requires the ability to communicate clearly to users and teammates alike to best implement new features. An ideal candidate can quickly diagnose issues and knows how to balance user requests with system performance. If you are a self-starter who wishes to expand their Atlassian administration experience, we want to hear from you!
Education & Experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Back to top