Site Reliability Engineer - AMP Commerce
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Sep 18, 2019
Role Number: 200088955
Apple Media Products (AMP) - iTunes Commerce group is looking for an excellent software engineer to join our applications infrastructure team. iTunes Store is the highest volume digital content store in the world, serving billions of transactions daily in 129 countries. The Commerce group provides the transactional engine for App Store, iTunes Music Store, iTunes Radio, iTunes Match, iBookStore, Mac App Store, Apple TV, iTunes U., and more. We build services and application components, shared across iTunes applications, to support very high levels of transactional integrity, scalability, availability, fault tolerance, and security. In this role, you will also contribute to the architecture, design and implementation of top-level user visible features, with an emphasis on identifying components that can be reused across different scenarios and domains.
- Strong object oriented design and analysis skills Hands-on coder, with ability to write clear, concise, coherent code Superb verbal and written communications skills.
- Experience writing components/frameworks/libraries that achieve software leverage via reuse across problem domains.
- Experience with relational databases, JDBC, and object relational frameworks like Hibernate, JPA, iBatis, etc.
- Experience using NoSQL solutions like Cassandra, Voldemort, Memcached, Hadoop, etc.
- Great debugging skills TCP/IP Networking experience, with protocols like HTTP, HTTPS, SSL.
- Ability to self-direct when necessary, all the while supporting strong team dynamics.
- Ability to simultaneously face multiple teams and provide excellent attention to detail.
You will work on features that touch all iTunes Commerce services- from account management, App, music, and video purchase/download/entitlement, subscription management, and a lot of new features coming to the Apple product ecosystem. You will perform analysis, derive strategies, and write code to ensure that iTunes Store financial transactions maintain key characteristics: ACID integrity, scalability, availability, fault tolerance, and security. You will find opportunities for software reuse across problem domains, design and code components/libraries/frameworks to support that reuse, and refactor code to achieve higher levels of use in the codebase. Using 3rd party and hand-rolled solutions, you will build infrastructure for caching, messaging, and workflow management, that will be used by other teams in the Commerce group.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and Engineering or related field with 5+ years of industry experience, or equivalent. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Back to top