Siri - Software Engineering Manager, Machine Learning Systems
Posted: Jun 23, 2019
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200008956
Would you like to play a part in ensuring the quality of groundbreaking technology for large scale systems, natural language, big data, and artificial intelligence? Drive the quality of the Siri user experience and work with the people who built the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done - just by asking. Join the Siri QE team at Apple! The Software Engineering Manager, Machine Learning Systems QE*, will reinvent ML systems testing strategy and vision for Siri, leveraging new approaches to thoroughly test and validate integrations of machine-learned components.
- 2+ years of professional work experience in a Manager role (Software Development or Quality Engineering)
- 8+ years of professional experience or research in a related fie
- Experience with testing machine learning systems and neural networks
- Knowledge statistic- based testing approaches
- Understanding of ML training pipelines and accuracy improvements of ML systems
- Experience working with large scale server software features, detailed test planning, design, and execution
- Familiarity with programming in Java, Python, or similar OO language such as C/C++
- Strong communication and organizational skills and ability to multi-task several projects
- Experience working in large cross-functional teams
- Thrives on working in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Self-motivated and dedicated with proven creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Ability to develop long term vision and execute strategies at scale
We are searching for a talented Software Engineering Manager to investigate new approaches to testing machine learning integrations. This role will focus on creating an ML testing strategy that can adapt to Siri's evolving architecture and features. Collaborate daily with multiple Apple ML teams, analyze results, and reach consensus. Design and develop new testing solutions which are aimed to find regressions in ML models. As Siri's architecture and features evolve, the test infrastructure must continually adapt. A key deliverable of the role is a significant improvement in test failure actionability. This is a fast-paced role with high visibility, impact, and ensures we build the most advanced systems in the industry.
Education & Experience
BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, AI/ML or related field
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Back to top