Siri, Software Engineer
Posted: Nov 14, 2019
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200067756
Do you want to make Siri and Apple products smarter for our users? The Siri Search & Knowledge teams are building groundbreaking technology for algorithmic search, machine learning, natural language processing, and artificial intelligence. The features we build are redefining how hundreds of millions of people use their computers and mobile devices to search and find what they are looking for. Siri's universal search engine powers search features across a variety of Apple products, including Siri, Spotlight, Safari, Messages and Lookup. As part of this group, you will work with one of the most exciting high performance computing environments, with petabytes of data, millions of queries per second, and have an opportunity to imagine and build products that delight our customers every day.
- You have a deep curiosity about the nuts and bolts of search engines, data management and artificial intelligence
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Go, C/C++, Java or Python.
- You have a working knowledge of machine learning fundamentals such as feature extraction, learning algorithms, training and evaluation.
- Experience with NLP a plus (parsing, word-embeddings, entity linking, etc.).Experience with search engine, information retrieval, machine learning, NLP is a plus.
- You have excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- You can execute experiments that accurately measure the quality of your work
- You have an insatiable appetite to debug and determine why the thing you built does not work as expected
- You have phenomenal interpersonal skills
We design and build infrastructures to support features that empowers billions of Siri users. Our team performs offline data analysis of anonymized user logs to support new features. We perform language processing, statistical analysis, and query analysis to support your hypothesis for how to improve product-outcomes. We experiment with classification, understanding, ranking, extraction or other algorithms to improve user outcomes. You'll have the opportunity to design, run, and evaluate crowdsourced grading and labeling projects to support hypothesis, as well as A/B experiements to test efficacy of algorithms. You'll present these results of analysis to our team and leadership across Apple. In addition, you'll work with applied scientists on experiment design, and own (in partnership with infra engineers) getting your models to production and ultimately, make Siri and Apple products smarter for our users.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field, or equivalent industry experience. Masters/PHD preferred.
Back to top