Siri - Senior iOS CarPlay Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Posted: Apr 29, 2020
Role Number: 200168386
Join the growing Siri Client team in our new Seattle offices and build innovative ways to use Siri in the car. CarPlay is one of Siri's fastest growing platforms, shipping on over 500 car models. You'll be working very closely with Siri and CarPlay teams in Cupertino to design and build the next generation of iOS platform features that drive (pun intended) the Siri experience. Our team is passionate about helping users unlock the power of their phone, safely, while driving. We tailor the most important Siri experiences to work smoothly in the car: We help people send and read messages, listen to their favorite music and podcasts, and get to where they are going, with Siri. Having access to the latest hardware and software features means there's always something innovative to work on. You'll be working on Siri with software, hardware, and design teams all over Apple to design new experiences. We're always looking to understand what is most important to the user, and you will work with data, QA, and research teams to measure success and design and build new features. The Siri team is looking for people who want to bring their passion for designing helpful mobile user experiences to work with them every day. We combine strong technical skills, product vision, and a love of cutting edge technology to deliver a world class experience in the car. Do you have ideas on how Siri can be more useful in the car? Join our team and get your amazing ideas on our roadmap!
- You have 5+ years of professional software development experience and 3+ years building native iOS apps
- You have experience architecting complex applications and/or frameworks
- You have a strong knowledge of iOS app design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- You have expertise with object-oriented design, performance optimization, and multi-threading on mobile platforms, and are comfortable in any coding environment
- You design code to be modular, extensible, well tested, and easy to understand
- You can communicate complex ideas effectively and you thrive in a collaborative environment
- You have a passion for building great user experiences that surprise and delight users
- You are excited to contribute to the most advanced mobile operating system in the world.
• Your primary responsibilities will be to plan and build features in the Siri iOS frameworks. You'll make informed architectural decisions and work with engineers to scope and build future features. You'll collaborate with software teams that work on CarPlay, Audio, Machine Learning, and others to incorporate the latest technologies. You'll create code that is performant, architected for the future, and built for testing. • You'll study data to understand how well things are working and where we can improve. You'll work with product teams and designers to plan these changes. • You'll debug and improve other OS frameworks along the way! • You care about getting things right and creating delightful experiences for the user - experiences that were not even possible before. We do this on devices that you, and millions of others, trust to be the most helpful and beautiful technological products in their lives. You will be part of an incredibly supportive, forward-thinking, and passionate team who care about the same things, and always help make each other successful.
Education & Experience
B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- • Data analysis experience
- • Excellent presentation skills
- • Experience developing end-to-end automated testing
Back to top