Siri - Operations Engineer
Posted: Jul 12, 2019
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200077151
We are looking for an individual to be a part of a dynamic operations team focused on support of the highly successful Siri application. This position would support the Siri Organization to ensure maximum systems reliability across the Siri stack. This position is specifically for someone experienced in large scale full stack application support. This dynamic position offers potential job growth opportunities to develop operational tools and improve process. You will be able to work with next generation technologies and methodologies at a very large scale where everyone on the team is a contributor, your enthusiasm and ideas are welcome.
- Systems administration experience
- Linux/Networking/File system Proficient in solving problems wide range of issues
- across multiple technologies
- Comfortable writing/updating scripts and applications in a variety of languages Configuration management experience (Puppet/Chef/etc.)
- Comfortable with version control in Git
- Experienced with monitoring, log aggregation, and visualization tools (Splunk,
- ELK, Graphite, Grafana, Prometheus, OpenTSDB, Nagios)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Extensive communication and coordination between multiple engineering teams gathering recommendations to diagnose complex problems Multi-task, contributing to development projects with varying scope and management of time accordingly Develop automation solutions for repetitive operational tasks/processes to increase efficiency Develop processes that simplify the integration between support personnel and underlying systems Identify deficiencies in process/tools/etc. to improve performance and resolution time - 24x7 on-call rotation for issue escalations
Education & Experience
B.S. degree in Computer Science or 4+ years of programming experience or equivalent.
- • Distributed File Systems
- • Experience in building web applications (Ruby on Rails, Python/Django, Scala,
- Erlang, Java)
- • Experience with Java development
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Back to top