Siri - Engineering Program Manager, Siri Data Infrastructure
Posted: Mar 19, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200066202
As a member of the Siri EPM team, you will be responsible for improving and enhancing the data infrastructure that supports our engineers, internal users, and millions of users around the world. We're looking for an experienced Program/Product/Project manager to help drive our massive data platform efforts for real-time data, transactional data (OLTP), metric data (OLAP) and the related ETL pipelines at double-digit PB scale. You will work closely with Data Engineers, Data Analysts, Data Scientists, and Platform Engineers in support of Apple's largest data platform infrastructure. You must be able to thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment, to lead innovative projects that have broad impact, and to coordinate projects across a variety of teams.
- 7+ years in a role leading cross-functional teams in product development (e.g. Program/Project/Product Management, or Business Analysis)
- 7+ years of technical program management and/or experience covering as many of the following as possible: a large-scale & international user base, real-time streaming data pipelines, ETL pipelines, data analytics.
- Familiar with architectures and technology stacks of big data technologies (Hadoop, HBase, Spark, Hive, etc.) and batch data processing (Kafka, Flume, RabbitMQ).
- Experience with public cloud solutions for data storage and analytics.
- Familiar with architecture and technology stacks of streaming
- Ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, make recommendations and drive actions.
- Self-motivated, independent, and proactive; demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities; can quickly (real-time) triage, prioritize, and lead cross-functional teams under pressure.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, written and verbal, to all levels of an organization.
- Innate drive to improve how things work, with a proven track record of driving dramatic improvements for team quality, performance, agility, or effectiveness.
- Drive multiple projects to scale data infrastructure and ensure maximum availability of data including specifications, scope, requirements, timelines, and resource allocation - Keep teams focused on the right priorities to meet aggressive deadlines. Own all aspects of planning, drive requirements definition, scoping, prioritization and resource allocation, and be fully responsible for the schedule. - Drive comprehensive and real-time analytics and reporting on key operational measurements for quality, performance, capacity, and reliability. Use that data to drive good priority and resourcing decisions. - Be the main communicator for the Engineering team, provide timely updates for all project milestones, identify and communicate risks to the team and management, and work on appropriate solutions with Engineering. - Build relationships across the Siri organization and facilitate communication between cross-divisional groups.
Education & Experience
BS/MS EE/CS/CE or equivalent
Back to top