Siri - DevOps Engineer
Posted: Nov 13, 2018
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200009977
Play a part in revolutionizing how people use their computers and mobile devices. Build groundbreaking technology for algorithmic search, machine learning, natural language processing, and artificial intelligence. Work with the teams building the most scalable big-data systems in existence.
- 7 years minimum experience managing Linux systems in a 24/7 production environment.
- Possess ability to read and write source code. Bash, Python and Golang preferred.
- Track record developing and maintaining automation for systems and application management.
- Experience with configuration managers such as Puppet, Chef or Ansible.
- Experience with database support and administration including Postgres, MySQL and HBase.
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Nagios and Graphite or Prometheus highly preferred.
- Experience with containerization and scheduling, include Docker and Kubernetes, desired.
- Working experience with cloud providers such as AWS, GCP and Azure.
- Knowledge of TCP and HTTP proxies / load balancers such as HAProxy, Envoy and nginx.
- Proven knowledge of TCP/IP networking, HTTP, LDAP, DNS and similar services.
This position involves operating a global Internet service with many interdependent moving parts. The DevOps Engineering role is exposed to every aspect of the service, both internal and public facing where every change has the potential to affect hundreds of millions of Apple users. You must have a passion for automating tasks large and small discern signal from the noise and have desire to squeeze every ounce of performance from available resources. Working closely with engineering and product managers, individuals in this role must excel under pressure and handle unpredictable interruptions. Part of the role also includes mentoring junior staff as well as best practices standard methodologies throughout Apple.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent program preferred
Back to top