Silicon Validation Triage Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Nov 5, 2018
Role Number: 200007738
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work at Apple have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Are you ready to join a team transforming hardware technology? As a member of the Apple SOC Silicon Validation Team, you will use your knowledge of SOC/IP design, debug features and related tools, validation, and problem-solving in order to drive failures to resolution. You will be debugging failures that come from validation, software checkout, or factory screening that appear to be Silicon issues or that require Silicon expertise in order to root cause. You will work at the cross-section of hardware and software and partner with engineers to quickly root cause failures. You will also drive systematic improvements in debug methods, tools and features based on your findings and expertise.
- System-level understanding of CPU/SoC architecture, DRAM/memory, and boards.
- Experience with Silicon chip bringup, validation and debug.
- Enjoy hands-on debug and problem-solving.
- Patient and disciplined problem-solving skills in the face of partial data.
- Good understanding of typical Silicon debug features and techniques.
- Clear and concise interpersonal skills.
- Effective collaboration across teams.
- Understanding of system software and kernel concepts.
- Moderate UNIX command line and scripting skills.
- ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of SoC and IP design flows.
- Knowledge and use of lab measurement and analytical equipment.
- IP block-level knowledge.
- Knowledge of manufacturing test flows and steps.
- Knowledge of SOC validation concepts.
- C, Assembly, UNIX system programming.
- Kernel and device driver programming and concepts.
In this role, your goal is to quickly and effectively process incoming units that failed some software test where the failure is believed to be in hardware. Tests range from apps to synthetic or focused validation content including software meant to stress specific blocks or subsystems within the SoC. We work on a variety of failing content and you should have the ability to efficiently narrow down failures from system-level to subsystem- and block-level using a range of debug tools and techniques. You will use diagnostic software tools from content experts. You will enhance and maintain the debug/triage methodology and associated automation scripts. You will have opportunities to work with experts from many teams to understand SoC and system behavior: iOS kernel/driver, Silicon Validation IP test SW, Factory diagnostics, SoC architecture, SoC IP design and verification, FPGA Prototyping, Systems Integration, board designers, etc.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering or equivalent is required.
Back to top