Silicon Validation Debug Tools Engineer
Posted: Jan 11, 2019
Role Number: 200027182
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. As part of the Silicon Validation team you will focus on development/co-development of Silicon Debug Tools for Apple's Mobile SOCs. The expectation is that interface with teams including software, architecture, design, verification, emulation, silicon validation to develop software solutions to improve debug flow and process. In addition, you will be involved with Silicon bring-up, testing and debug.
- Exposures to post-Silicon validation, silicon bringup, testing/debug/root cause of circuit marginalities, product engineering, foundry manufacturing, etc.
- Understanding test execution through both functional mode and DFX hooks
- You are comfortable working primarily in a lab environment
- You have strong scripting skills in one of the major languages: eg. Perl, python, Tcl, bash
- You have silicon validation testing and debug experience
- You have a good working knowledge of hardware debug technologies (eg JTAG, on-chip debug structures)Silicon Validation Testing and Debug experience
- Experience/Expertise in Programming (C, C++) and Scripting in a Linux environment in the development of hardware debug tools and flows
- Experience interfacing software with hardware debug technologies (e.g. JTAG, on-chip debug structures)
- You know hardware architectures - SOCs, CPU, GPU.
- You have effective communication skills
- Embedded software development experience and exposure to Pre-Silicon and Emulation verification/validation is a plus
Focus on Silicon Debug Tools for SoCs - You will work with peers and key individuals in architecture, design, verification, emulation, software, silicon validation teams to identify requirements and develop plans, specifications and associated review for Silicon Debug Tools Strategy. - Software architecture of solution must cover all SOC components and be easy to use, scalable and maintainable - with the key objective of optimizing silicon debug process. - Will develop software solutions and flows per plan include tests to release/qualify - Will be involved with Pre-Silicon tape-out debug tool validation sign-offs, Silicon Bring-ups and Silicon Testing and debug efforts. - May involve bridging work between pre-silicon efforts and silicon efforts.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering or equivalent is required.
Back to top